POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : white spots on *ALL* raytracers : Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 26 Jun 2001 11:45:31
Message: <3b38ae1b@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

>   This "strange white spots" mistery happened already to someone? Any
> help is appreciated: after all the effort I made to have my new AMD 1,2Ghz
> working properly, it's eally fustrating that now I can't render
> anything...

I don't know if it is the same thing, but I do sometimes get strange white spots
in my images when I render under Linux; as far as I can see it seems to
happen on surfaces using reflection_exponent, however I haven't been able
to reproduce it reliably.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee