POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Media Abstract : Re: A Media Abstract Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Media Abstract
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 23 Jun 2001 13:39:29
Message: <3b34d451@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> The materials in that scene work really well.

Thanks
>How did you build the four white
> and gold objects at the top of the image? Are they isosurfaces? They're
very
> interesting.

Simple CSG actually:

intersection {
torus { 2,0.5 rotate x*-90 translate <0,-1,0>}
torus { 1,0.5 rotate x*-90 translate <0,0.95,0>}
}

>You're right about the lighting, it's good but you could do a lot
> more with it. Maybe turn on radiosity and photons, to get some nice
caustics,
> and use an area light instead.

Never considered radiosity actually, but I forgot to try photons. I'm going
to experiment further with the scene... I feel it can be improved upon lots.

>On the whole a very nice image.

Thanks.

> I've always wanted to try to create an abstract image using POV, but I
never
> quite seem to be able to get far enough from reality! Nice one.

I'm the opposite way.. abstract stuff comes really easily to me.. it's
'real-world' stuff that I have neither the patience nor the inclination to
model.

Thanks for your comments,

Andy