POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : For Rune - Electronic Doodle (2.4KBbu) - fa200124_anim.zip - fa200124_anim.zip : Re: For Rune - Electronic Doodle (2.4KBbu) - fa200124_anim.zip - fa200124_anim.zip Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Rune - Electronic Doodle (2.4KBbu) - fa200124_anim.zip - fa200124_anim.zip
From: Rune
Date: 23 Jun 2001 10:16:57
Message: <3b34a4d9@news.povray.org>
"Justin Whitton" wrote:
> Rune, to quote you from another post:
> > The way this moves look just like the real thing.
> > Very very realistic behavior!
>
> It's like magic, everybody's impressed until they know
> how the trick is done, then it's "hmph, is that all!" :-)

I did notice back then that some of the "beams" seemed to flicker more than
others, but I figured it was just a coincidence.

> Seriously though, the movement was developed to a point
> where it worked for the animation (which was just a doodle).

And indeed it looked good in that animation!

> And I agree anything more serious would need more work done.
> I'd be interested in seeing what you achieve, please let me
> know how you get on.

I've been playing with vturbulence().

I've just posted an animation to povray.binaries.animations

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)