POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cube World : Re: Cube World Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cube World
From: Tek
Date: 23 Jun 2001 08:47:26
Message: <3b348fde@news.povray.org>
> I like it a lot - I can't say I'm a big fan of the background, but I think
> the planet itself is amazing... it has so much potential - you could either
> try and implement photorealistic type texturing like isosurfaced water
> embedded into the box with slope-dependant texturing for the land.  Or you
> could have a wacky image with a variety of colours.

The background was just so that the sea had something to reflect. I agree that
it's ugly, I'm definitely getting rid of it :)

I'm hoping to go for a photo-realistic look. Once I've got it textured I'll try
to adapt the media sky and clouds from my last irtc entry, so it's got some
atmosphere.

> One other possibility is an animation - what about a view from the ground -
> with sunset etc?

My grand scheme is to fly the camera all the way from space to the planet
surface, 'cause I don't think I've ever seen that done convincingly.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com