POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request for help with media : Re: Request for help with media Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for help with media
From: Bob H
Date: 22 Jun 2001 17:12:51
Message: <3b33b4d3@news.povray.org>
"Jim Kress" <kre### [at] kressworkscom> wrote in message
> OK.  It turns out that, although media is supposed to be contained within
> unit cube, it really isn't.
>
> If you lok at my inc file, you'll see I used a unit cube box to contain
the
> media so it could be rendered.  Well, if I change the box specification
from

>  box{ <0,1>

>  box{ <0,0,-2>, <2,2,2>
>
> the problem goes away, as one can see in the attached image.  Hopefully
this
> does not indicate there is a bug in megapov.

I can't see that happening here, using spiral.df3 in place of your df3, the
media is contained within the 1 unit cube as described in the doc.
I thought perhaps it could be wave type but default is ramp_wave and looked
okay to me anyway. Most likely thing could be you are getting some sort of
perspective trouble.  Make your box transmit 0.5 instead of 1 and you can
see where the sides are.

Bob H.