POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB)
From: Rune
Date: 19 Jun 2001 19:08:14
Message: <3b2fdb5e@news.povray.org>
"Scott Hill" wrote:
>     Of course, one thing I realised last night, is
> this means you have to render every frame of the
> simulation

Exactly, and that would be completely against the concept I've been working
on so far. It would be a major slow-down and it just wouldn't be worth it.

> but if I can get it working this way I'll look at
> packaging it up in a patch and so be able to utilise
> POVs internal trace logic

As I said, a patch would be the way to go...

> or I might then just leave it until I've got Pandora's
> Box written (which will support _all_ of POVs
> primitives) and hook it into that....

An external program with full support for POV-Ray object syntax sounds
impressive. Sure not something I'd be able to do. But then, I'm not able to
do any programming at all, except in POV script...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)