POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB)
From: Scott Hill
Date: 18 Jun 2001 08:42:06
Message: <3b2df71e$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> "Tony[B]" wrote:
> > I would be cool if we could do an external version of this,
> > and feed the data back to POV. Collision detection would be
> > the tough part, though. :\
>
> Replace the word "tough" with "impossible" and it'd be correct...

    Not really - you're already doing collision detection, of a sort, in
your POV script, right ? Well then, you just run the overall physics in your
external app, have it write out particle location and velocity information,
and keep the collision detection in the POV script.
    That's the way my particle system is going to work (seeing all this
discussion about particle systems got me to thinking about them and then I
just had to have a go at writing one - looking reasonable, so far, expect
anims in p.b.i. soon....), until I've got a full modeller written anyhow,
then I plan to be able to do it all from within that...

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*