POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Panzer V tank, now with focal blur! (~40k) : Re: Panzer V tank, now with focal blur! (~40k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Panzer V tank, now with focal blur! (~40k)
From: Tek
Date: 17 Jun 2001 09:08:53
Message: <3b2cabe5@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> Nice, but:
>
> - I preferred the yellowish tint. Looked more realistic.
>
> - IMHO when showing off radiosity reflection is a no-no. It makes it more
> difficult to see the shading.

I'd have to disagree with both those statements :)

I like the blues, I don't know why but I do. And the subtely reflective floor
doesn't detract from the radiosity IMO. But I would say that having a shiny
floor makes the tank look more like a toy and less like the real thing, no-one
would park a real tank on a polished floor!

> But I like the focal blur! :)

I'm with you on that one :)

Looks very nice. Can we have a higher-res render, please?

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com