POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Jun 2001 07:35:50
Message: <3b2c9616@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> I wonder why they fall through at all, a simple test
> whether the particle is inside the heightfield object
> should help.

I don't use that. I use trace only. The reason is that to find out whether a
particle is inside an object or not is of no use if one doesn't know where
to move it to and how to align them. I could however remove such particles
so they don't get in the way.

> It looks really good, the water seems - a bit like particles of course :-)

Not enough blobby I think...

> What i especially like is the first part when the water
> reaches the heightfield and bounces back.  To me it seems
> it works best on the steeper parts where the water is mostly
> falling rather than flowing.

Maybe. Is it because the water looks too "wild" on the flat parts?

> 1000 GHz - wow! ;-)

Err... Whoops!

> Can you save the data generated so things are faster in a second run?

No. I considered it, but it would require another layer of complexity, and
the data arrays would become huge.

> BTW, when will you show us some code for these?

When my particle system including documentation and everything is finished.
I expect it to be released sometime this decade.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)