POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb) : Re: IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb)
From: Chris Poole
Date: 14 Jun 2001 18:41:21
Message: <3b293d91$1@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> After a more or less satisfactory exam at University, I've made some other
> little changes. I know the scene is far to be finished, but I'm quickly
> getting bored of it...is there anyone who knows this pathology? After
about
> one month of work I use to leave my scenes incomplete, just when I should
> add those little details that make a scene a good one... Anyway I
completely
> agree with Robert Becraft, we do have to be fussy in order to make a
> realistic scene which tells a realistic story, the problem here is that I
> have no eletronic tools as reference and my imagination is completely dry,
> so I have no idea which other tools I could model.

I find the lack of technical equipment/tools adds to the mystery of this
picture. The batteries, screws etc are all too big for the spider device.
Where did it come from ... how did it get built... how did the person get
it???

If you want to go the other way & imply that it is being built, then you
would need small screws, small precision (jewelers) screw drivers, small
pliers, perhaps a spare leg joint/hinge, small circuit board, small electric
motor, etc...

----

The main things that bother me about the picture is the was the top of the
computer monitor disappears but the screen display  goes up into the
blackness. I think that the screen would be better without the spider
display, just the mysterious green character cell text.

----

Still a fantastic picture... I only wish that I could create something as
interesting.

Chris