POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help with lighting/texturing and such : Re: Help with lighting/texturing and such Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with lighting/texturing and such
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 14 Jun 2001 05:08:50
Message: <3b287f22@news.povray.org>
Oldstench <sor### [at] butnocom> wrote in message

> 1) Can anyone help me with a good plastic texture? As you can see, mine
> sucks. The highlights are nowhere near as good as the original (esp. on
the
> rightmost yellow plug.)

What's your finish settings? If you're using metallic which it looks like
you are)
then remove it

Try something like
 finish {
  ambient 0
  diffuse 0.78
  specular 1
  roughness 0.01
 }

> 3) How can I make a blurred shadow in Moray? I can not seem to be able to
> do this.

Area light, but your shadows look blurred already. What's the problem?

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.          Babylon 5 *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *