POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB) : Re: Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB)
From: Bob H
Date: 13 Jun 2001 22:27:30
Message: <3b282112@news.povray.org>
"Yadgar" <j.b### [at] ndhnet> wrote in message

> Now I've tried clipped_by (in the lamp body object within looks_like) AND
2x8
> lights - and here's the result!
---snip---
> that clipped_by really substitutes difference rather than intersection
(the PoV
> Manual describes it as equivalent to intersection!)?

Yeah, you've taken a backward step there  :-(
clipped_by doesn't leave any surfaces where the parent object is, just opens
it up like a empty can instead of a solid one.  That was the idea I had in
mind anyway.  Maybe I should have mentioned to 'inverse' it (the clipping
object) or something, thought you'd have gotten the idea yourself how it
worked.
Looks like that's what happened anyway, that you left the part you wanted
gone.

Bob H.