POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : blender : Re: blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender
From: Daniel Lin
Date: 11 Jun 2001 18:12:08
Message: <3b254238@news.povray.org>
"Simon Lemieux" <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
news:3B2### [at] yahoocom...
> Hi,
>   I just came upon blender, which is supposed to use POV-Ray's render
engine and
> have a modeller look...
>
> Well, it seems very complicated and maybe you know of an easier modeller
that
> could also do all POV-Ray can, that could use my 3D acceleration for the
preview
> and that would run on Linux?
>
> Or if you know of a good documentation for using blender?
>
> Thanks,
>   Simon

I haven't checked it out in a while.  Does it really use POV-Ray's render
engine?  I thought it was scanline, but maybe they've changed since...
AFAIK, their documentation costs money (to compensate for free use of the
program).

p.s. Any good freeware 3d modelers for Windows?  I'm under Win2K so I don't
have DOS, but I don't have money to spend on Moray or Rhino or stuff like
that.  :(

--
Me (Daniel Lin (dli### [at] yahoocom))