POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP take 5 (243 kb before encoding) : Re: IRTC WIP take 5 (243 kb before encoding) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP take 5 (243 kb before encoding)
From: Tom Melly
Date: 11 Jun 2001 07:51:15
Message: <3b24b0b3$1@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message news:3b24a8b6@news.povray.org...

> (and antialiasing method 1 doesn't seem to be sufficient). My question is:
> which resolution do the judges work with? I mean, there are images that at
> lower resolutions don't look as good as at higher resolutions. Should I add
> a "best viewed at 1024x768 or up"...?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jonathan.

Personally, I recommend sticking with 800*600. The removal of image dimension limits
was, IMHO, to allow for odd ratios, rather than an open invite to submit vast
pictures. However, if the level of detail in your picture is such that it needs a
higher res. to show it off, then use whatever is appropriate. Judges will happily
scroll, and will presumably zoom out to get an overall feel for an image.

The judges will use various resolutions, and you can be sure that some will be
viewing at 800*600. I doubt many will view at lower resolutions.