POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a desert : Re: a desert Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a desert
From: Batronyx
Date: 11 Jun 2001 00:07:54
Message: <3b24441a@news.povray.org>
25ct <25c### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message <3b22a170@news.povray.org>...

>"Simon" <sim### [at] surfeude> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I don't know what to add to this picture.
>> Any suggestions?
>
>     As regards those black specks, would it not be ok to 'clone' over them
>using PS? Or is that not a 'done' thing? I'm unsure about this sort of
>method after Poving an image as I've also had these 'specks' before when
>experimenting.  Anyone?
>
>   ~Steve~

You're the artist. You decide. You lose some points in the
technical-bragging-rights arena, and it isn't permitted if you want to enter
anything in the IRTC, and Steve will burn you at the stake. But yeah, it's done,
just not real often here.

Interesting to note though, the higher up you go on the monetary scale with
respect to the cost of the 3d app, the more post work you see done on the final
images in PS. Of course I think the more you pay for your app, the more likely
you are to depend on its results for your paycheck, so, things like cloning and
multi-pass become a necessity if you want to eat.

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom
http://www.batronyx.com
Bhuddist monk to hotdog vendor: