POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Test (>920kb) : Re: Particle System Test (>920kb) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Test (>920kb)
From: Rune
Date: 10 Jun 2001 14:48:21
Message: <3b23c0f5@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
> Looks good, however I think for a test it would
> have been better with a solid texture that
> contrasted with the BG green

I was going for a bit more realistic approach, but maybe it didn't quite
work out that way.

> - aside from that very impressive work.

Thank you!

> how flexable are these routine? could you for
> example to a whole HF water way - rivers \
> moat \ dams etc

There are no inter-particle forces, so the particles can't be used to fill
any volumes. That means you can't use dams, moats etc.

However, you can create rivers, streams and the like that flow in a very
flexible way.

Thinking about it, you should be able to fake dams in some cases...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)