POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : probably a reeeaaaallllly dumb q. : Re: probably a reeeaaaallllly dumb q. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:47:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: probably a reeeaaaallllly dumb q.
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 9 Jun 2001 13:54:32
Message: <3b2262d8@news.povray.org>

mensaje news:3b1fee1d@news.povray.org...
> > In Moray the Group and the Union are identical as far as exported POV
> > code goes.
>
> If this is the case why is there basically two groups but one doesn't
accept
> splines or non-primitives...it doesnt make sense

In my opinion, the sense of it is simple:
The CSG it's not only the union, but also merge, intersection and
difference. It's obvious you can not use Bezier patches nor mesh in
intersection and difference (almost in pov 3.1).
The Group is for these elements, and it exports them as an union only, (even
though it can contain CSG operations of intersection and difference of
primitives and other objects that support these features).
I think the distinctions are clear.

Just an opinion.

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet