POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a desert : Re: a desert Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a desert
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 8 Jun 2001 11:53:48
Message: <3b20f50c$1@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <sim### [at] surfeude> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I don't know what to add to this picture.
> Any suggestions?

    The clouds, of course, are great, but I agree that you need some sense
of distance to them. The general sweep of sand is also very good, but I miss
the little ripples one thinks of in a large dessert. Perhaps they are there
and the shadows don't pick them out?

    As for things to add, that depends on the story you want to tell. Camels
for a caravan, jets for a dessert assault, one lone crab to turn it into a
beach, an oasis for stereotypification, two people on a distant crest with
one struggling to keep up, a thin spattering of grass and flowers on one
edge to show that you are entering the desert...