POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean's Edge 2 (40kbu) : Re: Ocean's Edge 2 (40kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:09:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean's Edge 2 (40kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Jun 2001 02:07:30
Message: <3b206ba2@news.povray.org>
> Very good, however...

There's always a 'but' <grin>

> The water seems to be a tad too reflective.  It does look more like snow
> than water.

I'll tone it down a bit

> Since most of the illumination comes from the setting sun, the back side
> of the rocks and the structure should be almost black.  The structure
> doesn't appear to have any shadow.

The sun is the only light in the scene. I'll try dropping the ambient a bit.

I think the shadows are getting lost on the dark rock and the reflection.

> How come the Sun is a bright yellow, yet the highlight it produces on
> the water is almost white?

Um, because the sun is yellow, but the lightsource is white. Will fix.

> > Suggestions?
>
> - Moss/algae on the rocks.

Will try

> - The rocks should be wet around the water level.  At least as high as
> the waves hit.

Shouldn't be too hard

> - Foam near the rock edges (although I think this would prove rather
> hard to do!)

<shudder>

Thanks

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *