POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need Help : Re: Need Help Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need Help
From: Bob H
Date: 7 Jun 2001 21:12:26
Message: <3b20267a@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote in message

> SeventhSaint wrote:
> >
> > I need to convert the renderred image to bmp.  I went to the faq and it
said
> > something like the image is saved in ini or something.  But i have
searched
> > the whole pov over and found no bmp except scenes.  I know there is a
way
> > but can you direct me.
>
> The .ini file only tell POV-Ray where to put the rendered images.
>
> Look in povray.ini (in c:\Program Files\Povray for Windows\Renderer, on
> my machine - your location might be different) for a line that says
> "Output_file_Name=" this will tell you in which directory to look for
> the rendered images.

Yes, it's the povray.ini among the files there.  Also possible to get
directly to it (in Windows platform anyway) via the Tools menu then Edit
master POVRAY.INI.
And if you use the commnd line then +FS will do (once again under Windows).
This is if the scene is rerendered again, otherwise you'll want a image
program capable of conversions.  IrfanView is free and does plenty:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Bob H.