POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB) : Re: Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB)
From: Bob H
Date: 7 Jun 2001 17:08:31
Message: <3b1fed4f$1@news.povray.org>
Has a coincident surface look to it, tried a regular point source yet?  Then
again, looking closer, the wall surface seems to have a normal applied, too
small scale and deep perhaps if so.
The door near the light on the right doesn't have a window or portal or
whatever that is.  Misplaced object possibly?
Anyway, if the area light dimensions come into contact with a object surface
that might not be such a good thing anyway, although I can't recall it being
a problem myself.  At least not if used as a looks_like.
Makes me wonder if it could be the 1,4 array with a x for width the 1 might
be confusing the ray tracer if in contact with a surface.  But the looks of
this rendering overall sure has that coincident surface appearance, noting
the flooring and ceiling parts are likewise speckled.

Bob H.