POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL talks take 2 : Re: AL talks take 2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL talks take 2
From: Rune
Date: 5 Jun 2001 20:36:11
Message: <3b1d7afb@news.povray.org>
"Morfindel" wrote:
> I saw this animation about 10 times... Um... he swings a
> little too much and gestures a little too much...

I know! In this, my first study of the classic animation principles, I tried
to work on strong poses and to add personality - and I may have achieved
that, but it just looks wrong! But that is what to expect - animation is an
art that takes a long time to learn...

> I would make him smile, and do the wink and the gun (with
> his hand, you know, with his index finger and thumb, etc.)
> at the camera.

Ah, that is so much his personality - thanks!

I'm not sure it would fit into this animation, but I'll remember it for some
other time.

> I would put more shoulder action into it and less hip action.

I'll see what I can do.

> About the names, you might want to have a look at this

<big snip>

Very interesting links there!

According to what I've read my name in Sindarin would actually be Thurin.

AL's name might be Calen Menelcallon (Sindarin) or maybe Ezel Elendil
(Quenya) - just kidding ;)

Well, those elven names probably doesn't fit so well into AL's universe. But
they can be used for inspiration anyway...

Thanks for the feedback!

Rune