POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL talks take 2 : Re: AL talks take 2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL talks take 2
From: Tony[B]
Date: 5 Jun 2001 19:45:04
Message: <3b1d6f00@news.povray.org>
I saw this animation about 10 times... Um... he swings a little too much and
gestures a little too much... I hate to tell you this, but he would set off
the "gay-dar" here in Panama. I would make him smile, and do the wink and
the gun (with his hand, you know, with his index finger and thumb, etc.) at
the camera. I would put more shoulder action into it and less hip action.

About the names, you might want to have a look at this
(http://www.inf.upol.cz/~mullerr/theresa/names.html) fascinating list of
Earthish names and their Tolkienite equivalents and also this
(http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/elfnam.htm) shorter one. I found this on one
of the above: "MARTIN (m.) - Latin 'of Mars'; [?] *carnilin(a) "of Mars",
thus maybe Carnilino". Sounds kinda ugly... You could always go with
"Ozgornak" or some other caucophonous name. You pick. :)

PS: For your name, I found a Sindarin (grey-elven:
http://www.geocities.com/almacq.geo/sindar/index.html) "Certh" which means
"rune" and Quenya (high-elven: http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/qlist.htm)
"Certa", also meaning "rune". To make it masculine in Quenya would be to
drop the -a and add -o, -on, or -ion... so you could be "Certo" (Kehr-toh),
"Certon" (Kehr-tohn) or "Certion" (Kehr-tee-ohn). If you were wondering, I

(black-haired - based on "Glorfindel": golden-haired) to be my Quenya name,
should I ever need it. :)