POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL talks take 2 : Re: AL talks take 2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL talks take 2
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jun 2001 11:25:01
Message: <3b1ba84d@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
>     I repeated this animation about 200 times

Whoa! 8)

>     He is incongruous. He seems almost Nordic in his voice

Well, from where was I supposed to get his voice? ;)
It's my voice and I *am* Nordic but I didn't intentionally make his voice
Nordic.

The voice really is a problem because my English pronunciation is terrible
and I then I also don't have proper recording equipment.

*sigh*

BTW, of course my own voice isn't really like that - I changed my voice and
afterwards I changed it digitally too.

> but seems like an NY'er in his attitude.

My knowledge about local American stereotypic attitudes is not too good, but
you're probably right.

> I suspect he is not too bright, but overconfident.

Exactly.

> I think he is like a mid-western Swede or Norwegian trying
> to fit into the big city.

Well, I was more thinking of an intergalactic hero or something like that.
But of course that would be difficult to tell when I haven't provided any
context yet.

>     His name should be equally incongruous. Making it sound
> alien would be a mistake I think. I think the more "normal"
> the name the more remarkable and unusual it would seem.

Hmm, maybe. But I also want the name to be unique.

>     I might choose "Mark" or "David" (not "Dave") or something like that.

To make it unique I would then say something like "Mark the Alien" or "David
the Alien". Hmm, those two don't sound very good, but I'm sure it would work
with another "normal" name.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)