POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL talks take 2 : AL talks take 2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  AL talks take 2
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jun 2001 09:32:10
Message: <3b1b8dda@news.povray.org>
I've been working on a complete rewrite of my inverse kinematics system. To
test it, I've redone the animation where AL talks. The last version looked
rather awkward because of some extreme poses. I've tried to make the poses a
little less extreme, but it still looks a bit odd. I'm only just learning
the classic animation principles...

I've also improved AL's look by adjusting the textures on his clothes,
adding a few details and so on. Furthermore this version is anti-aliased so
it looks much better and it is much smaller in filesize.

Still much work to do, I'm just testing out things. I'm also working on
another animation with AL.

BTW I would like to find a new name for AL. "AL the Alien" is too
unoriginal - a quick web search revealed that it was used by many others...
Any ideas for a new name? It should be catchy and fit to him. I don't really
have any ideas myself right now.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)

Attachments: