POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sPatch, Moray & csg : Re: sPatch, Moray & csg Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch, Moray & csg
From: Charles Panke
Date: 2 Jun 2001 04:50:18
Message: <3b18a8ca$1@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> the difference between the udo file for complex and simpler meshes is not
> worth bothering about, best tip i have is to export a rough model to work
> on, then re export a high detailed version over the top for the final over
> nighter. - moray and pov dont notice the switch
Oh no. Of course you are right!
I did it as complicated as possible: I made the model, meshed it roughly,
exported, set up the scene in Moray with all textures and light, made the
tests.
Then I meshed finer, deleted the UDOs in Moray, loaded the finer version,
and assigned all the textures for the fine version.
How stupid!

OK, your way is it.
Thanks a lot,

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-