POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : even more balls : Re: even more balls Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: even more balls
From: Tek
Date: 1 Jun 2001 17:49:10
Message: <3b180dd6@news.povray.org>
> I looked at all the images in detail (the motion blur made that
> difficult), but as far as I can see it is all OK, the 'slides' you see
> were 2 balls falling and hitting each other in mid air - I think.

I hate to contradict you, but I think Patrick might be right. I have a slightly
dubious piece of maths that alters the effects of gravity after a collision
(well I /thought/ it worked). I guess those two balls are just created too close
together then they fall constantly colliding. I've now fixed it in a low-tech
way by making sure balls aren't created so close together ;)

> To me it is astonishing real: excellent!

Thanks :D

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com