POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Gravity Well 3 : Re: Gravity Well 3 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:30:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravity Well 3
From: Bob H
Date: 1 Jun 2001 16:23:58
Message: <3b17f9de@news.povray.org>
"Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote in message
news:MPG### [at] NEWSPOVRAYORG...

> I remember a C-program that came with all the sources necessary to
> construct a 3-body animation. It could contain the necessara formulas,
> but then again I think 3 bodies are not enough for you?

The galaxy collision program I was trying to convert over from Basic to POV
a while ago does gravity interaction in a sense.  Each particle is the same
mass but I'm sure that is a trivial matter.  The stumbling block was due to
my not knowing how to get the DIM (dimension) arrays changed, among other
things.  Was intended for 2D plotting of the 3D motions.
Really needs to be more a orbit simulator.

Pretty neat web pages here:
http://burtleburtle.net/bob/physics/orbit101.html

Bob H.