POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sPatch, Moray & csg : Re: sPatch, Moray & csg Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch, Moray & csg
From: Charles Panke
Date: 1 Jun 2001 13:44:18
Message: <3b17d472@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > That's true, Moray does offer a lot of value for it's cost.
Unfortunately
> > some of it's values are different from mine:(
>
> I am finding that I use moray more and more for scene layout and texturing
> rather than modelling, it really doesn't get any better than rhino - which
> thankfully exports moray UDO :)
And the UDOs from Rhino are really big files. As you know it is not
neccessary to have the UDO very detailed. Rick, did you find a way to make
them smaller? It slows down Moray a lot.
Lutz can't do something, and McNeel does not want to do something.

Stop, I have an idea:

In Rhino:
Mesh as fine as needed
export to UDO/INC
undo

In explorer:
ren the INC to IN_

In Rhino:
Mesh very rough
export to UDO/INC

In explorer:
del INC
ren the IN_ to INC

This should work. I'll make a test.
Nevertheless this is effort I don't want to have.

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-