POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ik walk : Re: ik walk Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ik walk
From: Rune
Date: 1 Jun 2001 09:14:30
Message: <3b179536@news.povray.org>
"Reusser" wrote:
> In the file I posted, I altered the knee macro so that
> it would point the limb in the direction of the ankle
> if the points are too far apart.

In my system if one of the hip points are too far away from the ankle I move
the hips closer.

> I also added in a feature so you can set a certain
> amount of resistance so the knees don't snap when they
> fully extend.

Resistance sounds like a good idea. I'll have to look into that.

What I'm thinking about doing is simply to move the hip closer to the ankle
so the distance is, say 95% of the length of the leg. (The actual percentage
would be a variable controlled by the user.) Is that what you're doing too
or is your method more sophisticated? I didn't quite understand your
explanation.

BTW, I'm working on my own IK system in these days, so I might post
something in a few days. :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)