POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ik walk : Re: ik walk Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ik walk
From: Rune
Date: 31 May 2001 18:30:11
Message: <3b16c5f3@news.povray.org>
"Reusser" wrote:
> I just started from the ground up and wrote a new
> macro that would do a pretty similar thing, just
> in a different way.

That's great! You always learn a lot that way.

> Now after downloading his macro again, I read the
> copyright notice in the documentation and feel
> kinda bad.

You shouldn't! You can't copyright a technique or a concept. You can only
copyright so-called "intellectual property". It means that you may not copy
Chris Colefax's files or parts of them without his permission, but if you've
created your own macros from scratch, then they're your own completely and
you have the copyright.

BTW, you have copyright of your intellectual property no matter if you write
a copyright notice or not. The notice just makes it clear for others.

> Is there a way I can have my post removed from
> the scene-files group to comply with his copyright?

No need to. :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)