POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flight: Air turbulence : Re: Flight: Air turbulence Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flight: Air turbulence
From: PatchWerk
Date: 31 May 2001 10:55:56
Message: <3b165b7c@news.povray.org>
> Maybe a little fast and a bit small, but to me it seems to quite
> > naturally represent what happens to a plane in bad weather :)
>
> I've only flown a dozen times but the turbulence always seemed in a
up-down
> motion without any sway side to side (guess that would be called yaw in
> pilot speak).  That doesn't mean I know if it really does or not.
> The motions looked reasonable to me besides, as if a model plane for
> example.
>
> Bob H.

Thanks. Actually, I used to fly little single-engine biplanes Waco's, and
they would yaw quite a bit at low level, because of their massive tail
area... and I am exagerrating the motion quite a bit for dranmatic effect. I
just wanted to know if the motions looked natural. Thanks again for the
feedback! =)