POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP take 2: (230 Kb before encoding) : Re: IRTC WIP take 2: (230 Kb before encoding) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP take 2: (230 Kb before encoding)
From: Richard Dault
Date: 28 May 2001 13:16:33
Message: <3b1287f1$1@news.povray.org>
Nice!

My suggestions are that there is too much empty space.  I'd put things a
little closer together.  Like someone else mentioned, you want most of the
attention on the spider, and now your eyes wander all over the place.

Secondly, the second (off scene) light bothers me.  It's almost as bright as
the lamp itself, but it would be odd to have two desk lamps that close
together.  If it's intended to be a window, then it's not bright enough (in
which case they wouldn't need the desk lamp).  If it's a light source inside
the room, then it should be higher and have a bigger radius.  Instead, I
would just use a faint global ambient light or a faint point light higher
up.