POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean's edge (34kbu) : Ocean's edge (34kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Ocean's edge (34kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 28 May 2001 05:20:28
Message: <3b12185c@news.povray.org>
An idea I got after looking at some screenshots of myst 3

The water is heavily based on Christoph's rmf water from
his scene "Water Tunnel". The sun is a clear sphere with
fade_distance and fade_colour with a 5*5 area light

I'm planning to add some thin clouds across the sun.

Anyone got any suggestions on the water. I like it except
that close up it looks like rough concrete covered with
gold leaf. I'm experimenting with hetero mf to see if that
looks any better

Render time 30 hours.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *

Attachments:
Download 'Oceangate.jpg' (34 KB)

Preview of image 'Oceangate.jpg'
Oceangate.jpg