POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP take 2: (230 Kb before encoding) : Re: IRTC WIP take 2: (230 Kb before encoding) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP take 2: (230 Kb before encoding)
From: Batronyx
Date: 28 May 2001 02:23:11
Message: <3b11eecf@news.povray.org>
JRG wrote in message <3b116b7e@news.povray.org>...
>The scene is growing "in dies".
>I'm going to add books, papers, dirt, and the robot spider should stay in a
>cage.
>This should look like a scientist's home desk (something like Doctor Slump's
>laboratory), so I still have a lot of work to do.
>Comments and suggestions are really appreciate.
>JRG.

I like this a lot! Your rendering is very clear. The books papers, and esp. the
dirt, are excellent ideas. I recommend some construction items consistent with
the spider's size: small spool of thin wire, some jewelers tools maybe, a
base-mounted magnifying glass, small soldering iron, and maybe smaller
batteries. . . .

I don't know about the cage though. I suggest perhaps having a section of the
top of the abdomen flipped open, and a wire connected to a data port inside, and
running back into the computer. For consistency, you could add some classic
green text just under the image already on the screen to indicate you're
downloading behaviors, or initializing the learning algorithms, or something.
Then put the cage off to the side.

That's just one idea. I'm basically saying make the spider the focus of the
scene's activity. IMHO if you put him in the cage, then the scene is different:"
Here is a shot of a mad scientist's workbench, and BTW look at the spider-bot in
the cage."  If that's the story you really want to tell, then great! I just
think something like I've suggested would tie in to the contest theme 'more
directly'.

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom
http://www.batronyx.com