POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : #declares and memory management : Re: #declares and memory management Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #declares and memory management
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 May 2001 14:18:18
Message: <3b1144ea@news.povray.org>
In article <3b111b5e@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

> : See, I get in, make a messy patch, and then hand it over to other POV
> : programmers who can clean it up. The idea is to get the ball rolling. :)
>
>   And cause a lot more work than necessary?

It only causes more work if the person supposed to clean it up does not know
about implementation problems or they are not obvious.  If just the same
idea is implemented by writing new code no additional work needs to be done
:-)

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde