POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC-WIP2 : Re: IRTC-WIP2 Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC-WIP2
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 26 May 2001 10:11:34
Message: <3b0fb996@news.povray.org>
I called them "simple", because they were easy to incorporate for me.

"arboretum" side:
http://www.dartnall.f9.co.uk/gallery/foresterv1/a015.zip .
One tree needs only 11 MB memory and all 161 trees only about 50 MB, which
is a small penalty compared to the grass (ca. 400 MB).
But the scene I intend rather involves deciduous trees.
First I wanted to write my own treemacro, but the results were ridicolous
comparing with macros such as splinetree, maketree or tomtree.
But even their functionality seems somewhat limited, so I will have to model
at least some trees with XFrog.
A steep learning curve is involved with this tree modeller and therefore I
called this the more difficult part.

Norbert

MPG### [at] NEWSPOVRAYORG...