POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mmm, caustics 20k : Re: Mmm, caustics 20k Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mmm, caustics 20k
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 25 May 2001 10:27:24
Message: <3b0e6bcc@news.povray.org>
> I like this very much. Looks almost photoreal. I'm especially fond of the
> translucent quality in the blue clip on the cap, and the grip. How'd ya do
that?

In short I didn't plan for it, its just one of those things that come about
if you ask nicely.  I'm assuming its caused by giving the clear plastic the
magical caustics and IOR, which bends the light (if my Physics is right?) in
showing up the blue.  The grip is a big difference in Rhino - its the
materials that do it, its job (I create an approx model in Moray and play
with materials/phongs etc first).