POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mmm, caustics 20k : Re: Mmm, caustics 20k Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mmm, caustics 20k
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 23 May 2001 16:46:29
Message: <3b0c21a5@news.povray.org>
--
http://www.petercracknell.com
"Nikodemus Siivola" <tsi### [at] cchutfi> wrote in message
> Nice. Clean. Elegant.
>
> There are some possible artifacts above the blue grip on the pen and an
the
> brighter parts of the cap - but these could be just caustics, especially
if
> if these parts are partially transparent. The blue part on the cap also
> looks a bit transparent, altough I believe it is not intended to be - this
> propably due to the darker shadow on the middle section of it. Radiosity
> thing?
>
> I _like_ it. ;)

Thanks, I'm assuming that all the funny parts are produced due to the
caustics or radiosity and that the blue bit on the cap that looks out of
place is just the way in which it comes up because of the bent rays from the
caustics.

Oh and any ideas on how to improve the metal texture on the tip of the pen,
as it looks a little cheap (its just a slightly ammended silver tex from
Moray using lum .66, amb .3, diffuse .6, bril 8, phong .8 and phong size 4
with reflection .4)?

Thanks

Peter Cracknell

http://www.petercracknell.com