POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Help me install pov : Re: Help me install pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help me install pov
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 22 May 2001 16:41:51
Message: <3b0acf0f@news.povray.org>
"Philippe-H Cadet" <del### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> But is there a user interface like in Windows or should we always render
> images from the prompt?

No, for the time being there is no GUI (although there has been some
tentative talk of one being implemented in the future).

There are a number of excellent editor out there for Linux, such as Emacs,
or my favourite, Nedit (both can be configured to use POV syntax
highlighting).
GUIs also exist for controlling POV render options (input file, image size,
antialiasing etc) and launching the render.

You might find something useful here (hopefully the link won't wrap):

http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Programs/POV-Ray_Unofficial_Patches_and_Front_End_Programs/POV-Ray_Front_End_Programs/

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee