POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) : Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 21 May 2001 19:26:55
Message: <3b09a43f@news.povray.org>
> Very nice!

Thanks! :)

> I especially like the globe and the books (how did you align them?).

It's all part of Gilles' macros. Ask him. :)

> I suggest that you randomize the textures for the chairs so they are not
> exact copies.

This occured to me after the render finished. I plan to do so.

> I don't personally like the blue textures on the chairs, nor the blue
> texture on the carpet. It looks too fake IMO. Try to come up with some
more
> realistic patterns. :)

:| I'll try...

> The wall textures and the floor also seem strange to me. (who has a
polished
> marble floor???)

The wall was quick and dirty. I wanted to finish the darn thing quickly. Um,
and we have a floor like that, made up of imitation-marble tiles.

> I think the image is nice already but IMO it could be improved if you try
> make all elements in the image have the same "antique style" as the
> bookshelves, the table, the chairs, the globe etc.

Working on it...

> It could also be that you're not heading for that antique style at all.

I was. This was in the 1840s-1850s.

> Either way I look forward to see how it turns out.

Same here! :) In my latest test-render the spots are gone. I'll start
working on the rest.