POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) : Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau)
From: Rune
Date: 21 May 2001 07:49:31
Message: <3b0900cb@news.povray.org>
Very nice!

I especially like the globe and the books (how did you align them?).

I suggest that you randomize the textures for the chairs so they are not
exact copies.

I don't personally like the blue textures on the chairs, nor the blue
texture on the carpet. It looks too fake IMO. Try to come up with some more
realistic patterns. :)

The wall textures and the floor also seem strange to me. (who has a polished
marble floor???)

I think the image is nice already but IMO it could be improved if you try to
make all elements in the image have the same "antique style" as the
bookshelves, the table, the chairs, the globe etc.

It could also be that you're not heading for that antique style at all.
Either way I look forward to see how it turns out.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 10)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org