POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : local variables in macros : Re: local variables in macros Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: local variables in macros
From: Nikodemus Siivola
Date: 20 May 2001 15:57:58
Message: <3b0821c6@news.povray.org>
"Elias Pschernig" <eli### [at] aonat> wrote:

>Thanks, I will use that. I wanted to avoid a new variable at first, but
it's a lot
>better than the +0.

Why did you want to avaid a new variable, though? (And you actually werent
avoiding any - #local always creates a new variable.) For elegance? Because
of the memory requirements? A single new vector variable has a neglible
cost in a recursive macro or anywhere else, for that matter.

Just curious,

  -- Nikodemus