POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : local variables in macros : Re: local variables in macros Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: local variables in macros
From: Nikodemus Siivola
Date: 20 May 2001 10:55:40
Message: <3b07daec$1@news.povray.org>
> I've read the documentation (so I understand f.e. the difference between
> %rec and $rec), but I didn't find anything about how to change the
> parameters type.

Ah, your macro enters a territory badly covered by the docs: creating a
local variable with the name of a parameter... Dunno why it behaves the way
it does, or why the +0 helps, though. At least it is not because of the
MegaPOV: I tried it in 3.1g and it did the exact same thing. An easy thing
to fix, though. Just use

    #local new_pos = ...

and later

    tree(new_pos...