POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : local variables in macros : Re: local variables in macros Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: local variables in macros
From: Nikodemus Siivola
Date: 20 May 2001 09:11:41
Message: <3b07c28d@news.povray.org>
> I noticed that a macro I made only works if I call another macro with
> 'mymacro(pos+0)' but not if I call it with 'mymacro(pos)' without the
> +0. I think I understand why this is, but is it a good way of coding to
> add the +0 ? Or is there a better way ?

I am far from expert, but sounds... curious. Weird. Never encountered
anything like that myself. If you post the source, I might be able to help
you better. My best _guess_ is that there is some automatic vector
expansion going on, and by making it explicit in the macro you could avoid
the weirdness. Btw: what version of POV are you using?

 -- Nikodemus Siivola