POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Hill : Re: Grassy Hill Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grassy Hill
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 20 May 2001 05:26:01
Message: <3b078da9@news.povray.org>
Using Gilles technique I created a pic withh 33,000,000 blades of grass -
took about 2 hours to pass and 30 mins to render.

Mick
"sacrofts" <sac### [at] tinyonlinecouk> wrote in message
Gilles Trans Make Grass macro might help out.  It allows you to define a
blade of grass from which it creates a patch of grass blades and then make
areas of grass by tiling the patches.  It will output the patch of grass as
a mesh in an include file that you can use later.
It's at http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources01.htm

Steve