POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grassy Hill : Grassy Hill Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Grassy Hill
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 19 May 2001 22:20:58
Message: <3b072a0a@news.povray.org>
Playing around with the 'hf_height_at' function in MegaPov. I don't really
like the results, but that's because of the models I used for the grass. I
modeled 4 grass blades in Rhino and randomly chose among the 4 to place at
the various points on the hf. I don't think I'm going to work much more on
this image, it has over 69,000 objects and took over 10 hrs to render, there
is too much I would have to change and it would take too long to render. One
problem is that the way I have the script set up the blades are positioned
uniformly over he surface of the HF and despite the fact that I added random
translation there still seems to be too few blades. A good portion of the
60,000+ blades are out of view on the other side of the HF.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Grass.JPG' (84 KB)

Preview of image 'Grass.JPG'