POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape WIP : Re: Landscape WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape WIP
From: Batronyx
Date: 19 May 2001 13:46:09
Message: <3b06b161@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <3b054698@news.povray.org>...
>  I'm trying to make a photorealistic landscape.
>  Any suggestion on what to do next?

The water looks ok to me. I see water done hundreds of different ways and they
all mostly look ok. I think that's because if I look at the river, the pond
behind my house, or the water standing in the horse tank, they all look
different, but still are all easily recognizable as water.

The sky looks great! The lighting seems perfect for photorealism to me. So
mostly now, you just need to add tons and tons of detail to the land. For
starters, it seems a too evenly toned; I'm seeing very little color variation
that I can't attribute to the shadowing.

Looks tons better than any of the landscapes I've ever tried.

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom
http://www.batronyx.com
Bhuddist monk to hotdog vendor: