POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : I'm disappointed with speed of my sun compilation :-( : Re: I'm disappointed with speed of my sun compilation :-( Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm disappointed with speed of my sun compilation :-(
From: Tilly
Date: 18 May 2001 11:20:08
Message: <3b053da8$1@news.povray.org>
>   Funny. This 333MHz UltraSparc renders faster than my old 350MHz P-II.
>   So there must be something wrong with your tests.

Do you compiled POVRAY with the Sun Forte C Compiler? I heard, this compiler
have a better optimization than gcc. I Compiled POVRAY with the default
Parameter of the make-File. So, if your Sun is so fast, send your Result
(include the Compiler-Version and -Parameter please).

Andreas Tillner
http://www.tabsnet.de/