POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Python and POVRay : Re: Python and POVRay Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python and POVRay
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 May 2001 10:44:55
Message: <3b053566@news.povray.org>
Daniel Lin <dli### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I'm wondering because I was thinking about creating a XMLish scene
> description language with scripting capabilities, sorta like
> Microsoft's WSH files, when I ran across this thread.

Well, CSDL won't be anything like XML. I don't know anything about
Microsoft's WSH stuff, sorry.

> BTW, if an alternate scene description language comes into
> existence, would a pre-processor or a custom build of POV-Ray be
> preferred?  (not like I have the programming ability to do either,
> but, hey, I can dream, right?)

A preprocessor would be better, you could then distribute the .pov
files to people who don't have the CSDL preprocessor. It would also be
much easier to debug...and you wouldn't have to release separate
versions for the official POV and MegaPOV or whatever other patches
might be out there...and people who avoid patched versions won't avoid
using a separate utility.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom
Home Page: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/